Amazon is known for its low-cost Higher specification tablets. For the First time, Amazon also bumped up the Tablet to much higher resolution with 1920×1200 display. This time the tablet also has the option of 32 and 64GB storage.The Fire HD 10 also has double the RAM now compared to the predecessor with MediaTek quad-core processor which also achieves 30 percent faster performance over its predecessor. Fire HD 10 is optimized to offer up to 10 hours of battery life for even longer app usage and better gameplay.Fire HD 10 runs Amazon’s Fire OS 5, which is based on Android.
Now completely go Hands-free
Fire HD 10 also introduces Alexa hands-free for the first time on a Fire tablet. Just ask Alexa to open an app or game, play or pause a video, find music, dim the lights, set a timer, show your calendar, and more, simply by using your voice.
Alexa is the brain behind the Successful Amazon Echo, you just don’t need to touch a button at all in order to use the service, just by saying “Alexa” to interact with content by using voice,Alexa enables people to play music, get the latest news, sports scores, weather, and more.
You need to be connected to Wi-Fi and simply say the wake word “Alexa” and ask Alexa to control video playback like play, pause, rewind, and fast forward, launch an app, play your favourite song or read an audiobook. You can also ask Alexa to answer questions, read the news, get traffic and weather reports, set alarms and timers, and more.Alexa provides voice responses paired with visual cards on Fire tablet’s display, and can even respond when the tablet screen is on standby. Alexa offers access to over 15,000 skills so you can stream music from Pandora, check your flight status with Expedia, or order even a pizza from Domino’s with your favourite toppings.
The new Fire HD 10 also controls a range of smart home devices from SmartThings, Insteon, ecobee, Wink, and more. Dim the lights or adjust the thermostat using just your voice. Also, for the first time on a Fire tablet, you can ask Alexa to show what’s on our smart home security camera with compatible devices from Nest, Ring, and Arlo. There is more place for improvement in future updates.
Price and Availability
Amazon is asking $149.99 for the HD 10 with 32gb which is the base variant and an upgrade to 64GB of internal storage costs an extra $40. The Fire HD 10 tablet ships on October 11th with colours Black, Marine Blue, Punch Red. Alexa hands-free will also be available on the all-new Fire HD 10 tablets via a free, over-the-air software update. The update will begin rolling out to customers starting October 11.
- Full HD display—Brilliant 10.1” widescreen 1080p display (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 ppi) for bright, vivid image quality.
- Faster performance—Quad-core Mediatek processor with up to 1.8 GHz and 2GB of RAM—2x the RAM and 30% faster than the previous generation Fire HD 10—delivering quick app launches, smooth videos and games, and great overall performance.
- More storage—The most storage available on a Fire tablet with options for 32GB or 64GB, and support for up to 256GB of expandable storage via microSD. Plus, enjoy free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire tablets.
- Longer battery life—Up to 10 hours of mixed use battery life, giving you the flexibility to go wherever the day takes you.
- Alexa hands-free—Just ask Alexa to play a song, pause a movie, read audiobooks, answer questions, show your calendar, control your smart home, and more on your Fire tablet.
- Dolby Atmos Audio—Custom-tuned, dual stereo speakers for immersive and high-quality sound.
- Incredible reliability—As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD 10 is more durable than the latest iPad Pro 10.5”—and costs hundreds of dollars less.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi—Seamlessly stream your favorite videos with dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi support.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the front-facing camera, take and share photos, and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices.
- World’s best content selection—Access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games. Watch downloaded videos anywhere with a Prime membership, Netflix plan, or Showtime subscription.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, X-Ray, Whispersync, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Family Library, For You, Blue Shade, On Deck, and more.
- Screen Sharing—Let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24×7, 365 days a year—for free.
Abhishek is the founder of Above Android. He has worked hard to bring Above Android where it stands today. He manages his team extremely well and also manages the News section of our site. Having learnt the art of Android Development, he is always keen to know the latest updates in this space and put it down in our news section.