Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of most popular selling android phone in the market. The tablet has got just awesome features. The new Galaxy S4 has got marvelous features that had made people mad about it. The phone weighs just 130g. It has got a 5 inch Super AMOLED Capacitive display touch screen with 441ppi. It has also got gorilla glass protection. It is available in 3 variants with internal memory of 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB. The smart phone supports GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Infrared, and has a USB port. IT has got a rear camera of 13 megapixels with LED flash and autofocus, while the front camera is of only 2 megapixels. The phone runs on Android version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean which can be upgraded to v4.3. But this will require a good rooting guide to do so if you upgrade the phone at your own.
Rooting is the process by which you can take control over your android device. You can change the system according to your needs easily. Most of the users make use of custom ROMs to upgrade the performance of their device. But this will void the warranty of your device. So, here is the best rooting guide for your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Benefits of rooting Samsung Galaxy S4
- You can install latest custom ROM to get improved performance by rooting your phone
- You can get complete access to your Galaxy S4
- You can enjoy installing the apps directly to your memory card
- You can easily remove pre- installed apps from your phone.
Safety instructions for rooting Samsung Galaxy S4
- You should not disconnect your S4 device while rooting process is going on
- You should have at least 70 percent battery before the rooting process starts.
- You must make backup of your contacts, messages, apps and other important data.
- You must disable the antivirus or firewall from your computer or laptop before rooting process.
Pre- Requisites before rooting Samsung Galaxy S4
- You will require an official USB cable that you might have got during purchase of phone.
- Binary rooting Toolkit
- USB Drivers
- A computer or laptop
- You must enable the USB debugging mode before rooting
Starting Rooting of Samsung Galaxy S4
- Just download CF-auto-Root android package 4.2.2
- Extract the zip file
- Also download Odin v3.07 and extract file
- Power off your S4 and go to download mode. Do this by pressing home button, power button, and volume down simultaneously. After the warning screen appears, tap power button and enter download button.
- Connect S4 through USB and run ODIN as administrator.
- You can now see ‘Added’ message in ODIN. You can clearly see ID: COM port with numerals in yellow.
- Tap the PDA button in ODIN and mow select ‘CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip’, which was downloaded before.
- Now check ‘Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time’ options in ODIN.
- Start flashing by tapping Start in ODIN.
- As the flashing is complete, the ‘PASS’ message will appear with green background on top left of ODIN window. Your Galaxy S4 will restart now automatically. Once the home screen appears, just plug off your phone from the PC.
- Your phone is now completely rooted.
Abhishek is the founder of Above Android. He has worked hard to bring Above Android where it stands today. He manages his team extremely well and also manages the News section of our site. Having learnt the art of Android Development, he is always keen to know the latest updates in this space and put it down in our news section.