WhatsApp Messenger is a free messaging app which is available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp allows you to send messages and call your friends and family. You can send a Voice message, calls, photos, video, and documents. Recently WhatsApp rolled out “Delete for Everyone” feature. A new report claims that WhatsApp’s deleted messages by the user are still present on the device and can be easily accessed.
The deleted messages are present in the notification log of the device, which is claimed by Spanish Android blog Android Jefe. They have mentioned that deleted message from the sender’s end can easily access by the recipient. “What we found is that the messages are stored in the notification register of the Android system. So, it’s just a matter of entering that record to see the messages that the other person deleted,” the blog said.
How to Read WhatsApp’s deleted messages?
- Anyone can access deleted WhatsApp messages sent by the sender via a third-party app named Notification History which is available in Google Play store.
- After installing this app, you have to search the message in the Android notification log.
- If you’re using a third-party launcher like Nova launcher then it is even easier.
- Also, the notification log can be accessed without any kind of addition app. You just have to long press the home screen, then tap on Widgets > Activities > Settings > Notification log.
- On stock Android, a setting widget can give access to the notification as well.
There is few limitation for access of deleted messages, however, as the messages that have generated a notification on the device those only can be retrieved. The notification log only saves the message on the device until it gets restarted. Once the device gets restarted, you will notice that the log was cleared.
Using Notification History, only first 100 characters of the deleted message will be visible to you. This feature is available only for users running an Android 7.0 and above. Only you can retrieve text messages that mean you cannot recover any media file or document. Lets us know about your feedback in our comment section below.
JOIN US VIA EMAIL
Subscribe to Us and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.