Back in the month of February, WhatsApp has introduced its Payment feature to India. With this feature, users can send or receive money using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI). As we already know WhatsApp has huge users base in India, So integrating this payment feature on WhatsApp gives a boost to digital payments. Now WhatsApp has added new Scan OR codes to its payments service.
WhatsApp’s Scan QR code feature is added to Android beta version 2.18.93 of the app. It will allow users to transfer money by scanning QR codes. This WhatsApp QR code feature is placed just beside the recently added ‘Send to UPI ID‘ feature. In addition, WhatsApp has added Advanced GIF Search and Stickers Search on a beta version for Android. You can also download WhatsApp Plus for the advanced feature. Get the APK from GBwhatsapp apk download link.
How To Use WhatsApp Payment QR code:
- First, download and install the WhatsApp beta version 2.18.93.
- Open WhatsApp and move towards Settings & Payments then click on New Payment option.
- At the very top left side of the New Payment screen, you will see the Scan QR code option.
- Tap on it, then scan the UPI code of the person you want to pay, on their device.
- Later enter the amount and your UPI PIN to complete the transaction process.
Last week, WhatsApp has added Send to UPI ID feature which allows users to send payments to unique UPI IDs without going into any conversation. Recently we have seen with WhatsApp payment service, users can make 20 UPI payments per day. That means one can transfer money up to 20 times to different IDs or to a single ID.
According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp is working on Advanced GIF Search feature. But for now, this GIF feature is kept it disabled for development reasons and it will be enabled in next releases. With this GIF search feature, users can search various categories of GIF such as sad, love, trending and more. Do try this Scan QR code feature of WhatsApp and let us know your feedback in our comment section below.