As we know, in last month, WhatsApp has introduced its Payment feature in India. The Payment feature of WhatsApp is still in a testing phase. But most of the users have activated this feature on their Smartphone using WhatsApp Beta. However, the Payment feature is based on Unified Payment Interface (UPI) platform. With this feature, WhatsApp will directly compete Paytm and other digital wallet platforms.
Earlier this week, WhatsApp has made some changes to its payment interface. WhatsApp has added Send to UPI ID feature which allows users to send payments to unique UPI IDs without going into any conversation threads. Now users can send money to their friends or other members using UPI IDs. Earlier you can send money only to your WhatsApp contact. But with this update, you don’t have to save someone’s number in your contacts list to get started with WhatsApp Payment feature.
However, WhatsApp has added the new option to Send Payment which will be seen under the Payment setting menu. With this, you can transfer money to unique IDs without moving towards any individual group or personal chat. Here are some steps which will help you to send money to any unique UPI IDs.
How to Send Money to any UPI ID via WhatsApp:
- Update your WhatsApp then move towards the setting of the app.
- On Payment screen, you will see a Send Payment option.
- Later click on Send to UPI ID and type the unique UPI ID of the recipient.
- Once you enter UPI ID, then click on verify button.
- It will show you the name of the recipient and the option to enter the amount you like to transfer.
- Later you have to enter your UPI transaction password.
- At last, it the complete button to send money to your recipient.
As said above, this Payment feature of WhatsApp is accessible for both individuals and for a group. So update your WhatsApp and do check out this Payment feature. If you are facing some issue while transferring money then let us know in our comment section below.
JOIN US VIA EMAIL
Subscribe to Us and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.