Earlier WhatsApp has rolled out a new UPI-based Payment feature to its platform. For now, WhatsApp Payment feature only allows you to send money to other users. But with the latest beta update of WhatsApp, the app has received a Request Money feature to its Android beta users which allow users to request money from their contact list.
As WhatsApp Payment feature is live in India, but the company is still testing this feature. The Payment feature is based on Unified Payment Interface (UPI) which can directly transfer money using bank accounts. However, the Request Money feature is limited and it is initiated by UPI ID or QR Code. The process of requesting money on WhatsApp is little different. So takes a quick look on it.
How to Request Money on WhatsApp:
- First, download and install beta version 2.18.113 of WhatsApp.
- In the app, click on three dots which are present on the top right side.
- Moving towards the Setting menu, tap on Payment section and a New Payment screen will appear.
- Now Choose between two options i.e UPI ID or Scan QR Code.
- After entering UPI ID of the person, click on the verify button.
- Once the user is verified, then the app will show two options which include Request Money and Pay Money.
- That’s it, now click on the Request Money option, fill the amount and tap on the send button.
The Request Money feature is already available on all UPI based payment apps like Paytm, hike, Google Tez, PhonePe etc. However, this feature helps users to request a money from others using UPI ID or Scan QR Code. Moreover, the Request Money feature is available on Android Beta version 2.18.113 of WhatsApp. Recently WhatsApp has added UPI ID and Scan QR Code to its Payment service which allows you to send money in an easy way.
However, the request for payment is valid for only 24 hours, later it will get expired. Also, you can again request payment, if your recipient fails to make the payment within 24 hours. After requesting money, a notification will be sent to the recipient. Also, you will also get a notification if the payment is done by a recipient. Do try this Request Money feature on WhatsApp and share your feedback in our comment section below.
JOIN US VIA EMAIL
Subscribe to Us and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.