We all know that Snapchat is the most popular photo-sharing platform. As Snapchat is making some changes to the app which will make more engaging social media platform. Snapchat officially released a couple of new feature to its users which include Group Video Chat and tagging or mentions in stories. With Group Video Chat feature, a user can make a video call with 16 Participants at the same time.
Whereas Mentions feature allows users to easily tag other users in their snaps stories. However, tagging friends on your posts and stories is something that is already seen on Facebook and Instagram.
Snapchat said in the blog post, “Today, we’re making Chat even more fun. Now you can video chat with up to 16 of your friends at one time. Just tap the video camera icon in a Group Chat to get your friends together! Friends in the Group Chat will receive a notification inviting them to join.”
How to start Group Video chat feature:
- First, download and install a Snapchat app.
- Start with a new group or you can choose a group chat that you already have.
- Then click on the video icon to start with Group Video Chat.
- If you take a lead and start a video call, then every member of a group will receive a notification about the video call.
- You will get an alert when someone from the group joins the video call.
- Also, you can use all the filters and lenses of Snapchat on the video call which makes the conversation more interesting.
Moreover, you can turn off your camera and still carry on the call with your voice only. If a user wants to place a group voice call then they can do that by pressing the phone icon from the group chat. Snapchat is limiting only 32 people to join the normal audio call. And for Group Video Chat feature, only 16 people can join the video call. However, Snapchat added voice and video calling feature back in 2016. Also, now with a Snapchat app, you can apply face lenses even after clicking a photo.
Download From Playstore
The Tagging feature works similarly to Instagram which allows users to add text with “@[username]” to mention a particular people in their story. Just like Instagram, if the user is tagged then it gets notified that they are mentioned in someone’s story. Do try these features and let us know your feedback in our comment section below.
JOIN US VIA EMAIL
Subscribe to Us and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.