Yes, You got it right. The Kitkat Version of Android that is 4.4.2 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S4. After watching Motorola push some latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat goodness to its devices, SamMobile Folks got a bit jealous. Thus they obtained a brand new Android 4.4.2 test firmware – I9505XXUFNA1 – for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).
The firmware is a test build for the open European form of the Galaxy S4 and is apparently “really stable” with only a couple of “minor hiccups all over there”. Sam Mobile has apparently acquired this build from an insider, and it has been trying it for in the vicinity of five days now.
There are minor UI changes in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, the most discernible being the status bar symbols which are changed from Gingerbread style green to all new great Kitkat style white. The Keyboard layout has also been improved in the landscape mode, which now helps to write more faster and draw gesture more easier. Also the Camera shortcut is being introduced in the lock screen itself.
– Extract (unzip) the firmware file. Download From Here
– Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
– Extract Odin .ZIP file
– Open Odin3 v3.09
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 to AP
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
You are doing this at your OWN risk. We are not responsible if you brick your device or your cat eats your phone.
– This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
– This test firmware is a pre-release build and not official from Samsung.