The problems associated with the use and abuse of new technologies such as notebooks, tablets, and especially cell phones, can cause serious health problems, both physical (cervical pathologies, visual stress, insomnia, deafness), and mental (addictions, hallucinations, depressions).
The online life most often affects the age group ranging from 12 to 40 years. That is why we should pay more attention to children from 10 years of age if they have symptoms of mood swings, social and family isolation, changes in sleep, loss of appetite, disordered schedules or lack of hygiene.
Problems at the psychic level:
- Nomophobia, feeling of anguish for not being able to use the cell phone.
- Syndrome of the imaginary call, when it is believed that the cell phone rings or vibrates without actually happening. It occurs because our brain begins to associate the mobile with any impulse received.
- Depression by Facebook is produced by having few “friends” in the social network or envy when compared to the life that others expose and show on its walls.
- Cyberchondria, are people who are convinced of having an illness because they have read it on the Web or look for symptoms of diseases and think that they really suffer, a kind of modern hypochondria.
- Google effect, the brain retains less information by immediate access to all the answers.
- Dependence on the Internet is an addiction that comes from the excessive use of the web and the need to be connected all the time.
Problems at the physical level:
- Obesity: Beyond the sedentary lifestyle of new technologies, children and adolescents risk falling into a nutritional disorder due to the loss of schedules and habits. This results in obesity and overweight.
- Visual stress: Being so many hours in front of the screen generates an evident visual fatigue producing ocular dryness, blurred vision and headaches.
- This lack of lubrication in the eyes is due to the decrease in the frequency of blinking (between 30% and 40% less). As a result, the eyes get tired and redden.
- Cervical problems: Problems causing poor posture when using screens. The bad flexion of the neck, to be able to look at the screen, seriously increases the cervical pathologies.
- Hearing problems: Today it is common to see adults and children with headphones at all times (public transport, public road) but many of them exceed the decibels tolerable to the ear with constant exposure. The excess of this habit can damage the ear cells, increasing the risk of hearing loss, loss of balance and dysphonia.
Android Parental Controls to deal with these ailments:
It is important to treat the pains on time and do physical activity to be able to reverse it and avoid future problems. To do that, parents are suggested to make use of the android parental controls such as FamilyTime parental control app that help them take a toll on their kids’ screen usage.
Having the app in hand, parents can first monitor how their kids use their screens and once monitored, they can manage their screen time in a variety of ways. They can allocate specific hours of screen use, block unwanted apps, allow time for an app usage, schedule auto screen locks or remotely lock their device. There are so many options they can pick from to manage their kids’’ screen time. Want to see how? Get the app now on your device by visiting app store!
JOIN US VIA EMAIL
Subscribe to Us and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.