The Indian smartphone landscape was quite abuzz recently, with the launch of the phenomenal Yu Yureka smartphone just last month. It brings to the table 64-bit computing and comes with quite a few unique features – primary of which is the usage of CyanogenMod OS in the phone.
The device goes on sale tomorrow, 13th January 2015, at 2PM IST. The company is offering 10,000 units in its first sale, and Yureka will be sold exclusively on the Amazon India online store.
The sales follow a strategy which is becoming a regular norm nowadays – that of registering before the actual flash sale. In this regard, the registrations were closed on December 25th, owing to the ‘overwhelming response’ to the device and its promotional campaigns.
According to Rahul Sharma, the co-founder of Micromax,
“We saw unprecedented response with over three lakh registrations. Registrations were to be open till December 25. However, owing to the mega response they had to be closed a day earlier.”
He also stated that the company is going to scale up its production, to meet the overwhelming response to its initial announcement.
The Yu Yureka comes with a plethora of features and is offered at an extremely competitive price point. The specifications are mainly comprised of:
- Display : 5.50-inch IPS display, with a 1280×720 resolution
- Gorilla Glass 3 protection for the screen
- Processor : 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 SoC (MSM8939)
- GPU : Adreno 405 GPU
- Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16GB internal storage which is expandable via Micro SD card
- Dual Sim capability, with Cat. 4 4G LTE connectivity
- Main Camera : 13-megapixel Sony Exmor CMOS sensor rear camera with an f/2.2 Aperture and flash
- Front Camera : 5-megapixel fixed-focus
- Battery : 2500mAh Li-Po battery
- OS : Cyanogen OS 11 based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat
At a price point of Rs. 8999/- , this phone is an absolute beast. It competes mainly with the Redmi Note 4G from Mi, which comes with similar specifications, albeit with a 32-bit processor.
As for the sale tomorrow, only registered customers can get a chance to purchase the phone tomorrow. The company has mentioned a Cash-on-Delivery system for the buyers, so that there aren’t any hassles whatsoever!