Instagram Launches Stories Archive and Stories Highlights Feature
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share your moment with your friend or family. Instagram is introducing two new features i.e Stories Archive and Stories Highlights. These features allow users to save their stories for later use and give them another platform to represent their profiles. Stories Highlights show all the sides of your personality, and you can make highlights of anything you’ve shared to your story in the past. Now your stories will automatically save into a private Stories Archive so you can easily release them whenever you want.
Nowadays posting stories on Instagram is very much trending. But the stories last for almost 24 hours and there is also no way to keep your stories for more than 24 hours. But now with stories highlights feature, you can keep your stories more than 24 hrs in highlight section and feature them on your profile.
How to create Stories Highlights:
- Stories Highlights feature appears in a new section which is just below your profile.
- For creating a highlight, just tap on the “New” circle at the left.
- You can select any stories from your archive, then select the best cover for your highlight and give it a name.
- Once the process gets completed, your highlight will appear as a circle on your profile which plays as a stand-alone story.
- The highlights will stay on your profile until you remove them and also there is no limitation of how many highlights you kept.
- To edit or remove your highlight, just tap and hold that highlight which is present in your profile
Instagram stories will automatically save to your archive section when they get expire. This makes very simple to revisit your favorite moments later or bring them back to life by a use of highlights. To access the stories in your archive, just tap the Archive icon on your profile which is just beside the highlight section. You can easily switch between your Posts Archive or add your new Stories Archive. Stories are present in the grid format with the most recent stories at the bottom.
The stories will show a date which will help you to navigate your archive as you scroll. Watch any story, just by tapping on it. From there itself you can add that content to your stories, share it as a post or add it to a highlights section which is present in your profile. Only you can access your archive stories and also you can turn off auto-archiving at any time in your profile settings.
Instagram is saying that this feature will roll out with version 25 on the Play Store for Android users. Do try both of this feature and let us know your feedback in our comment section below.