At a Google I/O 2018 developer conference, Google announced six new voices for Google Assistant. As Google went full throttle with its new machine learning and AI techniques. As per the report, those new voices are live in Google Assistant. All six voices are powered by WaveNet, which is an AI-based voice synthesizer.
However, the WavNet technology comes from Google subsidiary DeepMind. The new voice in Google Assistant will feature three male and three female voices. Earlier we have only 2 by default voice in the Assistant. That means now you will see total 8 voice option in your Assistant. Google also said that the voice of John Legend will be available in Google Assistant later this year.
In addition, instead of saying “Hey Google” or “OK Google” every time, you can now directly give a command to your Google Assistant.
How to Select New Assistant Voice:
- First, update Google App on your Android smartphone.
- Open the app, then tap on the three dots which is available besides the Google Search bar.
- Tap on Setting of the Google app.
- Now under Google Assistant, again click on the setting option.
- Lastly, click on Preference and move towards the Google voice.
- That’s it, here you will see all the total eight voice [6 new + 2 bydefault] options.
Also, you can tap on the speaker icon to preview each of the voice, before selecting one voice for your Assistant. Once the voice is selected, then it will play every time when you interact with Google Assistant on your smartphone or Google Home speaker.
If you are bored of listening to a same Assistant voice? So right now you have six new choices for your Google Assistant. Do try all six voices of Google Assistant and let us know your feedback in our comment section below.
We are the hardworking and passionate members of the Above Android Team. And yes, Android Lovers too.