- Gmail adds Left and Right swipe feature.
- Both Left and Right swipe can be customized.
- The Swipe feature is available with latest version 8.5.20 for Android.
Gmail is rolling out a new feature which allows a user to customize their Gmail Swipe actions by swiping left or right on their emails. As of now, the swipe action feature is rolling with the latest version 8.5.20 for Android. With this new feature, a user gets the freedom to change controls for left and right swipe. Earlier, swipe action on Gmail put all the emails to the Archive section by default.
How to Start with Swipe actions on Gmail app:
- First, download and install the latest version of Gmail on your Android Device.
- Move towards the setting section of the app.
- Now in General Setting, click on Swipe Action.
- That’s it, you can now assign a particular option for your both left and right swipe.
In addition, you will also see “None” option which allows you to deactivate both left and right swipe action. Meanwhile, there is a separate option to customize both left and right swipe feature. The update is widely rolling for most of the Android users which carries latest 8.5.20 version.
Sohil has been with with Above Android since it’s inception in 2012. He is also an Adnroid Developer. He not only just writes for the App’s section of Above Android but is also developing a new App for Above Android. He has extensive knowledge in this field and puts down detailed information in a very simple and easy to understand way.