Google’s Gboard is a virtual keyboard app which is developed for Android devices. Google is rolling out new features to the beta version of the Gboard app which includes Sticker Gallery and “Make a GIF” feature. This feature is currently rolling out only for Android devices. The new “Make a GIF” feature allow users to capture up to 3 seconds long video. Also, you can add preset filters on the top of the GIF.
However, you can share that resultant GIF via Gboard keyboard app. The new “Make a GIF” feature is available on the beta version 220.127.116.11258971 of Gboard app. Along with “Make a GIF” feature, the Gboard app also received a new Sticker Gallery which allows a user to choose a sticker from a couple of new sticker packs.
As per the Android police report, the feature is live for selected users who has installed the beta version 18.104.22.168258971 of Gboard app. So if you want to try this new feature of the Gboard app then you can download an app from APK mirror.
How to use “Make a GIF” Feature:
- First, download and install the beta v22.214.171.124258971 of Gboard app.
- Open the app, now tap on G or Emoji symbol, then select the GIF tab.
- Here you will notice a new “Make a GIF” button.
- Now tap on the + icon and the app will ask for camera permissions.
- After giving camera permission, the app will open the camera in selfie mode. You can switch to a rear camera using a shutter button.
- Now you can start recording your own GIF using six different effects or lenses.
- Once done with your GIF, you can either save it or can directly send to your friends using the Gboard app.
With a new beta update for a Gboard app, you can also find a Sticker Gallery within the app. The interface of Sticker Gallery looks exactly similar to what Google offers on Google Allo app. You can browse through new sticker packs and select any GIF sticker from it. As per the report, a wider rollout for “Make a GIF” feature and Sticker Gallery can be expected in a couple of weeks. Moreover, this feature is only available for the Android version of the Gboard app. Do try this feature and let us know your feedback in our comment section below.
Abhishek is the founder of Above Android. He has worked hard to bring Above Android where it stands today. He manages his team extremely well and also manages the News section of our site. Having learnt the art of Android Development, he is always keen to know the latest updates in this space and put it down in our news section.