Right after Cambridge Analytica scandal, Social networking giant Facebook has revamped its setting menu which gives more control to their users over the data. Now Facebook has rolled out a new Mobile Recharge feature that allows users to recharge their mobile number. However, Facebook’s Mobile Recharge feature is only available in India and can be used with the latest Facebook Android app.
As per the report, the mobile recharge feature of Facebook will offer peer-to-peer and peer-to-merchant payment service. The company has tested this feature with some selected users. Also, you can download a latest Facebook app which carries a version 22.214.171.124.90 from Google Play Store to get the new mobile recharge option.
The latest Facebook app gets new UI which has new icons that are bigger in size and looks attractive too. Most frequently used services will show on the top of the app, also setting and privacy section gets new gray color icons with the latest update. Moreover, a new Mobile Recharge option is also available in the app which lets you recharge any mobile number in India.
For Mobile Recharge feature, Facebook offers various operators which include Jio, Docomo, Idea, Telenor, Vodafone, Airtel, and BSNL. In addition, you can download a copy of Everything that Facebook knows about you. Let’s take a look at how this feature works exactly.
How to use Facebook Mobile Recharge Feature:
- First, download and install the latest version of Facebook (126.96.36.199.90) app from Play Store.
- Open the app, move towards the menu which is available on the right corner of the app.
- In that, touch on Mobile Recharge option and then click on Recharge Now.
- Now enter your mobile number and select the operator from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the amount for your mobile recharge if you know, or you can also browse for available recharge options, special vouchers and more.
- After selecting your recharge plan, click on the Review order button which is available at the bottom of the app.
- That’s it, now entering your Debit or credit card details you can place an order for your mobile recharge.
As for now, the Facebook app only accept credit or debit card for mobile recharge. That means you are not able to use net banking, UPI, or any other payments methods for mobile recharge. Also, you can’t integrate any other mobile wallets with the Facebook app.
However, the app asked you for OTP or 3D secure password for authentication. Also, it offers you a confirmation receipt for your mobile recharge. Currently, this feature is only available for Android users in India. You can download Facebook app from Google Play Store. Do try mobile recharge with Facebook app and let us know your feedback in our comment section below.