Amazon India now allows you to make Payments Using UPI
Amazon India has added United Payment Interface (UPI) as a new payment method on its mobile app and on the mobile website. It makes easier for Indian consumers to complete their online purchase payment. The UPI based payment is now available for a transaction of Rs. 10,000 or less from it. Using UPI, you can directly pay for your product via your bank account, without having to use any of debit card.
Also, the UPI payment is not available through Amazon desktop site. However, Amazon India competitors which include Flipkart and Paytm as already offering UPI based payment on their e-commerce sites.
The official support page for the UPI payment method said, “Anyone who has registered on UPI and has a valid UPI ID can now make payments for their Amazon orders through the mobile shopping app and the mobile browser.”
Users cannot use UPI in conjunction mode with Amazon Pay balance. The app will directly push you to uncheck this option before proceeding forward with the transaction. So let’s check the steps, how you can use UPI to complete your online purchase.
How to Pay Using UPI on Amazon India
- Open the Amazon App on your Android device. Add your product which cost less than Rs. 10,000 to your cart.
- Fill your address details and proceed to your checkout screen to select the UPI option.
- Enter the existing UPI id in the text box which is provided to verify and later proceed with your transaction.
- After placing an order, Amazon will send a payment request to your UPI app such as BHIM, PhonePe, etc.
- Lastly, you will receive a notification from your UPI app you use, asking you to complete the pending transaction.
Apart from this, Amazon India added Cash Load service to its Amazon Pay payment and wallet. It allows users to add balance to their accounts right from their doorstep. Also, the UPI payments option is available only on the latest version, 22.214.171.1240, of the Amazon mobile app. Do try this UPI based feature and let us know your feedback in our comment section below.