WhatsApp Messenger is the best messaging application available for Smartphone devices. Most of us are using WhatsApp Messenger for instant messaging, and it is having the largest user base around the globe and especially in India. Although you might also face unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped working error, while using this messenger in your device. In this article we will discuss using various methods for fixing, unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped working error.
Ways to Fix Unfortunately WhatsApp has Stopped Working Error
WhatsApp Messenger is used by almost each and every people who are using smartphone devices in their daily life. Using this application, you can easily send messages, media files, gifs, stickers and voice messages. Apart from that, you can also make free audio and video calls using an internet connection. Meanwhile, if you face unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped working error, then you can use these following mentioned ways to fix it.
Solution 1: Restart Your Device
The first thing you need to do, you need to restart your device. Initially, this error can happen in case your device is not working properly. So, if you restart your device then it will resolve the issue, and it may work properly on your device. It is proven that most of the errors and glitches get fixed in your smartphone devices just by restarting them. It is recommended to restart your device before you can go further with other methods.
Solution 2: Clear the Cache and Data
In case your problem is not solved after restarting your smartphone device, then you can try clearing cache and data of your WhatsApp Messenger. Basically, WhatsApp junk files get stored in the app continuously, this is another reason for being the WhatsApp failed to work in your device. In order to clear cache and data follow these following instructions.
- Open the settings of your device and go to the apps section.
- Now go to the application manager and click on the all option to get all the applications installed on your device.
- In the list, search for WhatsApp Messenger and then click on it to select it.
- Now select the storage option from the WhatsApp messenger tab.
- On the next page, you will get to clear data and clear cache option.
- Tap on both the options one by one, and then restart your device to apply the changes.
Solution 3: Check For Updates
In case, above-mentioned methods are not working for you, then you can follow this method. Most of the time, various users are not updating their WhatsApp Messenger into the latest version. This is another reason for being WhatsApp Messenger failing to work properly on your devices. So, you need to check for updates of WhatsApp Messenger in a device to fix this issue. Use these steps to check for WhatsApp Messenger update in your App Store.
- Open the app store on your device.
- Go to my apps section, and check for updates for the latest update apps and games on your devices.
- If there is any latest version of WhatsApp Messenger update available for your device, then you will get to see it in that section.
- Now update WhatsApp Messenger, and wait for it to completely get installed and apply the changes.
- This will also definitely fix the issue of unfortunately WhatsApp stopped working error.
Anyone can face various error while working with applications in their smartphone devices. One of the major errors, unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped working error, which can happen any of the devices. We have collected the complete information from various sources and expert reviews about fixing the error of unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped working and posted them in this article for you. Share this important article with others, so that they get to fix the error in case they are facing it in their devices.