In case you are unable to set up voicemail on Android, then you should follow the below-mentioned method. Voicemail is much needed in every smartphone device; it will help you to get important messages in case you are unable to receive a call of someone. Most of the users are even using Google voice for voicemail service, but we will recommend you to set up the carrier voicemail in your Android device.
Guide to Set Up Voicemail on Android :
Use these following guidelines for setting up voicemail on Android devices. Read the instructions carefully before applying these changes to your Android device.
- First, you need to go to the home screen of your Android device and open the phone app.
- You need to open the menu after the phone app by selecting the hamburger menu from the top left screen. If you are using stock Android, then you will have three vertical dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now from the settings select the voicemail option on your phone app.
- Once you select the voice mail, on the next page you need to select the SIM in which you want to set up voicemail service.
- After you select the SIM card, on the next page you need to tap on the advanced settings option.
- After you have selected the advanced settings option, tap on the setup option to start the voice mail service on your Android device.
- Now you need to enter the voicemail number in order to complete the setup process in your Android device. If you are using the dual SIM in your Android device, then you can also use voicemail service in both the SIM cards using the method mentioned in this article.
Extra Setup and Information on Voicemail:
After you successfully set up voicemail on Android, you need to follow a few extra steps in order to complete the procedure. To access the voicemail service on your Android device, you can always present hold the 1 key. Most of the Android devices are having this feature which can be used for easy access to voice mail service. Even most of the Android devices are also have a voicemail icon for you to easy access to the service. We would recommend you to set up a custom greeting for the callers, which will help you to receive voicemail messages in your Android device.
In most of the cases if you are not having any customized greetings, then the people will think the number as the wrong number and they will not provide any voicemail message to you. Few of the Android devices are also having voicemail applications, which can help you to easily set up the voicemail service and even check the voicemail messages received on your Android devices. These messages are often better than receiving SMS alerts, by which you will be able to hear the people were trying to call you about the information.
Sohil has been with with Above Android since it’s inception in 2012. He is also an Adnroid Developer. He not only just writes for the App’s section of Above Android but is also developing a new App for Above Android. He has extensive knowledge in this field and puts down detailed information in a very simple and easy to understand way.