Most of the Android users are not having any idea about how to scan QR code in Android and access the information. A QR code is used for the easier sharing of any website or apps, it is much easier than sharing links for codes to access them. Nowadays most of the companies on users are having a QR code to share different applications or other services easily.
There are different methods for scanning QR code in Android devices, which we have listed down in this article for you. You can find a QR code in most of the items which you generally purchase from Store, with the help of QR code you can know the complete information about the item which you have purchased. Even before using any services or product, you can always try to scan QR code in Android devices to know about it before trying it.
Guide to Scan QR Code in Android :
Use the following guideline to scan QR code in Android devices without using any third-party apps. Read the complete information carefully before using this method in your Android devices.
- First, you need to check that, you are having Google camera application on your Android device or not.
- If you are not having the Google camera application, then you can download it from the link provided below this article using any web browser.
- Install the Google Camera in your Android device to continue.
- In case you are having Google camera installed in your Android device, then you should skip the point number 2 and 3.
- Open the Google camera application on your Android device from the app list.
- After the Google camera app opens up, swipe right on the screen.
- By swiping right on the screen, you will get to see the more option of the Google camera.
- From the more, you need to select the settings option.
- After the settings of the Google camera opens up, you need to locate the Google lens suggestions.
- Enable the Google lens suggestions option from the settings page.
- Now go back to the camera screen using the Google camera app.
- Using the app focus on the QR code which you are trying to access.
- Now you will get to see a URL popup in the screen.
- Tap on it to access the URL in your Android device.
Guide to Scan QR Code Using Google Assistant:
If you are running on Android 8.0 Oreo or above, then you can use the Google assistant to scan QR codes in Android devices.
- Open the Google assistant by speaking “Hey Google” or “Ok Google”. You can also enable the Google assistant by holding the home button.
- After the Google assistant opens up, you will get to see the Google lens option in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on it and focus on the QR code using the camera.
- You will get to access the URL of the QR code in your Android device.
Sohil has been with with Above Android since it’s inception in 2012. He is also an Adnroid Developer. He not only just writes for the App’s section of Above Android but is also developing a new App for Above Android. He has extensive knowledge in this field and puts down detailed information in a very simple and easy to understand way.