WhatsApp Messenger is the most popular messaging service application available for Smartphone devices. There are various features available in this application, among them “Status” is one of the best features available. It is basically a disappearing file which will stay for 24 hours.
Even though you can see your contacts status, but there is no download or save option available for them. In this article, we will discuss saving those WhatsApp statuses in your Android device.
Guidelines to Save WhatsApp Status in Android Devices:
You can use different ways to save WhatsApp statuses in your Android device. Both the guidelines are effective, and you can easily save any WhatsApp status on your Android device. But you need to remember that, you need to see that particular WhatsApp and save it before it disappears from the temporary folder.
Using File Explorer Apps:
WhatsApp basically stores status in a temporary folder for 24 hours, you can use the file explorer application for copying that particular status and moving it to a different location. Use the following for successfully saving WhatsApp status on your Android device using a file explorer application.
- Download any file manager application which is having the advanced feature on your Android device. Most of the Android devices are having inbuilt File Explorer application, they can skip this step.
- Now open the file explorer application.
- Search for the WhatsApp folder using the file explorer application.
- Go to the WhatsApp folder and open the media folder from there.
- In the media folder, you need to tap on the (•••) where you will get advanced options. These features may vary from file explorer, you need to check where this feature is located.
- From the dropdown menu enable show hidden folder option.
- Once you enable the feature, you will get to see the “.statuses” folder just inside the media folder.
- Now go to the “.statuses” folder and look for the particular WhatsApp status which you want to save.
- Now you can copy or cut that particular file, and paste in a different location using the file explorer.
- After its turn, you can easily access that particular file in your device, as it is permanently saved in your device.
Using Dedicated App:
If you don’t want to make things complicated, use dedicated apps available in the Google Play Store for downloading WhatsApp status. Use these following steps for saving WhatsApp status using any dedicated apps on your Android device.
- First, you need to open the WhatsApp Messenger and view the particular status which you want to save or download in your device.
- Now you need to download the Status Saver from the Google Play Store, you can also use the link provided below to download it on your device.
- After the application is installed, you need to give permission to the application for accessing files on your device.
- Now you will get to see all the WhatsApp status which you have seen in that particular application.
- Select an image or video from the list and tap on the save icon in order to save it in your Android device. Files will get stored in your internal storage which you can use anytime.
WhatsApp status feature is much similar to Snapchat stories feature available for Smartphone devices. We have collected complete information about various guidelines for saving WhatsApp status on your device. This information has been collected from various online sources and user reviews and posted them is an article for you. Share this informative article with others, so that the key to use this trick for saving WhatsApp status in their Android device.
Abhishek is the founder of Above Android. He has worked hard to bring Above Android where it stands today. He manages his team extremely well and also manages the News section of our site. Having learnt the art of Android Development, he is always keen to know the latest updates in this space and put it down in our news section.