Cell phones are used by almost each and every person around the globe, due to its various functions. Accidents can happen anytime, which can even damage the cell phone which you are using.
One of the major damages that can happen to your cell phone is water damage. In case you have faced a search issue with your cell phone, then you can take a few steps which can save your device. In this article, we will discuss saving a cell phone.
Complete Guideline to Save Wet Cell Phone:
In any case, if your cell phone has been dropped into the bathtub, sink or toilet, then you should use this procedure in order to save your device. We have provided the complete guidelines which may save your device from permanent damage
Reduce Water Damage of Your Cell Phone:
The first thing you need to do is to reduce the water damage of your cell phone, so you need to follow the exact method mentioned below.
- You need to take out your cell phone out of the water as soon as possible. The longer your device will be in the water, the more damage it will provide to your device. Any cell phone which is being submerged into a liquid for a longer period, it may not be able to work again.
- In case your device is in a charging position, then you need to immediately disconnect the power from your device. It is much recommended to turn off the power before taking out the device from the water, as it may result in electric shock.
- The next thing you need to do is to turn off your cell phone immediately. This step is much recommended even if your device is working properly. Your device is being submerged into the liquid, so it might face issues. It is recommended to device turned off, do not check your device is working or not by turning it on.
- Now you need to remove the back cover and the phone battery from your cellphone. Use paper towels for wiping the water from both back cover and battery. Nowadays most of the devices are having a non-removable battery, so you can check the manual for removing the battery from your device provided on the internet. Most of the smartphone devices require ‘pentalobe’ screwdriver for removing the battery from the device. This step will save the circuits inside your phone which is submerged into the water, as the source of power will be removed from the device.
- Most of the devices are having a water damage indicator which is located in the battery compartment just behind the battery. It will be much similar to the square or a circle which is basically white in color. If that particular indicator turns into pink or red when your device is facing water damage issue.
- Now remove the SIM card from your smartphone device, and wipe it with a dry paper towel or any dry cloth. You need to keep it in the paper towel until you get to the step where you need to have your phone reconnected to the cell network. Few of the devices are not having a SIM card, which case you need to skip this step.
- Remove all the accessories which are connected with your device, which includes SD cards, protective back covers, etc. Open out all the slots available on the phone in order to get them open air which will help to dry the water properly.
Drying the Cell Phone:
After all the above steps are completed, you need to dry out the cell phone in the next steps.
- Bring out a big bowl and you need to pour around 900 grams of rice in it. Now bury the battery along with the phone separately into the bowl of rice. Rice will dry out all the moisture which is available in your device. You need to keep your device in this position for 48 to 72 hours.
- You need to rotate the device in two different positions until you can, as this procedure will take out all the moisture which is left inside the device. You need to choose the instant rice, like brown rice and regular white rice will not absorb compared to this.
- You can also use the packets of silica gel, which will also offer you good absorbent factors. Put your phone, battery and silica gel in a container and keep it in the same position for 48 to 72 hours. No need to open up the silica gel packets, you can simply place them with the device without opening.
- You can also use crystal cat litter, which will also give you the same factor in observing the moisture. Use similar procedures just like instant rice and silica gel in order to remove moisture from the device and battery.
- Now you can use a hand vacuum cleaner for cleaning out the residue from the battery and device through the slots. You can also use an air compressor which will help you to blow out water from your device.
- After 48 to 27 hours passed by using these steps, now it’s time for us to turn on the device. Before you do that, you need to check that your device and battery are completely clean and placed properly. After your check properly you can turn on your device, and it will work properly just like before. Advertisement
- It is recommended to weight as long as possible before turning on the device, as it will give the chance of survival of the device. In case something goes wrong, it is recommended to go to customer care in order to avoid further damage.
Also Read: How to Delete Downloads on Android
In order to prevent permanent damage to your cell phone, it is much needed to use the procedure as fast as you can. It does not guarantee the cell phone to be saved completely, but it can surely help you to reduce the damage. We have collected complete information regarding saving with a cell phone from different sources and posted them in this article for you. Share this useful article with others so that they get to save their cell phone from water damage.
Abhishek is the founder of Above Android. He has worked hard to bring Above Android where it stands today. He manages his team extremely well and also manages the News section of our site. Having learnt the art of Android Development, he is always keen to know the latest updates in this space and put it down in our news section.