Instagram Highlights is an amazing feature of Instagram that allows users to showcase the Insta Stories that they have uploaded in past on your profile. These highlights remain permanent on your profile unless you delete it. There is no limit on keeping the number of stories in your highlights. You can keep as many stories you want in it. On the Profile page, you have to make Instagram Highlight Cover for various highlight sections you have created.
After the introduction of IG Highlights, you instagram stories can be viewed even after 24 hours of being posted. With addition to IG Highlights, you can also make Instagram Highlight Covers to make your profile look more attractive and pleasing.
By default, the first story of every highlight section becomes the highlight cover. You can also change the cover by keeping icons or other stories as your cover. Keeping icons or some kind of infographic can help other users who visit your profile to understand better what is inside the highlight. Here is an easy way to Make Instagram Highlight Covers.
How to Make Instagram Highlight Covers
The process to Make Instagram highlight covers is very simple and easy. So, if you have not yet started to keep highlights of stories don’t worry. You can start it now. All the stories that you have posted on Instagram are saved in the Archive section of Instagram. So you can post the highlights and the first photo or video of your highlight will be the cover. So if you want to make the cover to some other photo from the highlight, here is the method.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Profile icon on the right bottom.
- Select the Highlight for which you want to change the cover.
- Tap on three horizontal dots above “More” at the right bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the ”Edit Highlight” option from the pop-up.
- Tap on “Edit Cover” on the Edit Highlight page.
- Surf through various photos or videos from the highlight and select the photo which you want to be set as Instagram Highlight Cover.
- Resize and adjust the image and tap on ‘Done’.
How to Make Instagram Highlight Covers From Camera Roll
As we mentioned earlier, it is always better to set icons as Instagram Highlight cover as it helps viewers to understand better what the highlight is all about. You just need to follow few steps to make Instagram Highlight Covers from Camera Roll. Here we go:
- Open Instagram and tap the Highlight cover that you want to edit.
- Tap on More > Edit Highlight.
- Tap on Edit Cover.
- Scroll to the left until you are at the very beginning of your Highlight photos.
- Tap on the photo icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose a photo from your Сamera Roll and position it with your finger, so that it’s centered in the Highlight circle.
- Tap Done.
What is the Size of Instagram Highlight Covers?
To get the best results for your highlight’s covers, it is advised to use image size as 2000 x 2000 pixels with a ratio of 1:1. This size and ratio are very much similar to the Instagram Profile Picture. As the cover image is a circle in shape, you need to be very precise with the dimensions while creating the cover image. The only thing that you need to keep in mind while creating the image is that the main illustration of the image is at the center.
How to Make Instagram Highlight Covers with Canva
Canva is an amazing online tool for graphic design. There is a wide range of options available to design graphics for various social media platforms. With the help of Canva, you can easily make Instagram highlights cover icons in a few minutes. So let’s see How to Make Instagram Highlight Covers with Canva.
- Open the Canva website and create an account. The free account has more than enough design elements to create awesome Highlight covers, but if you love using Canva, you’ll really appreciate Canva Pro.
- On the Canva homepage, scroll down to Create a Design, and use the arrows to scroll through your options until you find Instagram Highlight Cover.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see lots of Highlight cover options to get you started. Each design includes six Highlight covers. Click on the one that resonates with your Instagram theme.
- Now that you’ve chosen a theme, you can customize the photos and colors to meet your needs.
- Click on the illustration or the background to change the colors used in your design.
- If you want to choose a new illustration, navigate to Elements > Illustrations, and scroll through the free options. Just click on an image to add it to your design. If you aren’t happy with the way it looks, you can easily delete it by clicking the Undo icon in the menu bar at the top.
So this is how you make Instagram Highlight Covers on Canva. While making custom covers on Canva, make sure that the icon sits neatly in the middle of a Story-sized rectangle. The overall aspect ratio for the Canva Highlight covers is 9:16. Apart from Canva, there are various mobile applications available on PlayStore that can help you to create and design covers for Instagram highlights.
Also Read: How to Increase Snapchat Score Fast in 2020
Hope you have now understood how to Make Instagram Highlight Covers in different ways. Whether you are setting the cover from your Instagram story or a custom icon, just make sure that you are not spoiling the look of your profile.
Instagram Story Highlight covers are giving an amazing touch to the profiles. Nice covers add more value to the brand and keep the audience engaged with your content. Don’t forget to gain this additional advantage of brands. So if you have not yet started with Instagram highlights or you don’t keep interesting covers then go now and customize your profile with creative covers.
Do you have any easy methods of creating great Instagram highlight covers? What type of Instagram highlight icons do you think is best to apply? Do let us know in the comments below!
Sohil has been with with Above Android since it’s inception in 2012. He is also an Adnroid Developer. He not only just writes for the App’s section of Above Android but is also developing a new App for Above Android. He has extensive knowledge in this field and puts down detailed information in a very simple and easy to understand way.