The Nexus devices are very easy to root on and Nexus 5 is not an exception. You can root LG Nexus 5 devices quickly using CF-Auto_root application with a little program. You can root your device, once you get the full control over your Nexus 5. This may require overclocking of the CPU, removing the bloatware, alerting the programs, and sometimes even loading the entirely different version of the OS. So, here is one of the best guides to root your Nexus 5 device in a safe manner. Before rooting, you must know some of the best specifications of Nexus 5.
Specifications of Nexus 5
Some of the best specifications of Nexus 5 are listed below:
- It has got a 4.95 inches screen with Gorilla Glass Protection
- 8 megapixels rear camera
- 1.3 megapixels front facing camera
- The 2300mAh battery offers you the talk time of 17 hours and 300 hours standby time
- Powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon processor regulated at 2.26 GHz
- It has 2 GB RAM and comes with 16 GB or 32 onboard storage memory
- It provides you lot of connectivity options like Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE, and Bluetooth
- Accelerometer, GPS, Pressure, Proximity Light, Hall, Gyroscope, and compass are some great sensors offered by this device
Pre-Requisites before Rooting Nexus 5
- Rooting your Nexus 5 will wipe off all the data on your device, so it is better to backup all the important data from your Nexus 5
- The procedure will go easily on Windows devices, but for Linux or Mac, you have to chmod the file and run it through terminal
- Turn on the USB Debugging mode. Follow the steps à Settings-> About Phone -> Build Number. After it, go back and then go to Developer Options -> Turn on USB Debugging
- You must download the USB drivers and install them properly
- The phone battery must be charged at least 80 percent before rooting starts
- One thing that you should keep in mind that rooting will void the warranty of your device and any malfunction will not be handled by the company for free even if your phone is on warranty
- You must have the stock USB cable to carry out rooting
How To Root LG Nexus 5 [Steps]
Follow this rooting guide carefully to avoid any errors in rooting process of your Nexus 5. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Download CF Auto Root file on your PC
- Right click the file and extract it at an known location
- Switch off your Nexus 5
- Switch it on by holding Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and power button simultaneously
- Plug the stock USB cable and establish connection between PC and Nexus 5
- Now you should double click to root-windows.bat file
- If you are using MAC PC then follow the steps Terminal -> Utilities -> Type chmod +x root-mac.sh -> press Enter -> type ./root-mac.sh -> hit Enter.
- Now wait for the process to finish automatically.
This is all about How to root LG Nexus 5 and now your phone is rooted successfully. If you want to get back the warranty un-root your Nexus 5 device. If you have doubt regarding this process, feel free to comment below.