Media players are one of the most important apps available in the market for Android devices. Using them you can play almost each and every format of videos in your Android device. There are various media player apps available in the market which you can choose for your device.
Among them, MX Player is one of the most famous media players used by the majority of users in Smartphone devices. But still, you might face various errors while playing video files on your devices. In this article, we will discuss how to fix AC3 audio format not supported error in MX Player.
Guide to Fix AC3 Audio Format Not Supported Error in MX Player
MX Player is one of the best media players with a massive range of features. But still you might face few errors due to licensing issues and some of the audio codecs are removed. MX Player is not providing support for various audio codecs such as AC3, MLP & DTS in the latest update of the application. As a result, you might face the following error “This audio format (AC3) is not supported” in the MX Player.
Due to this error, your media file will play a fine but there will be no audio. In order to fix this issue, you don’t need to uninstall and reinstall the MX Player. We have provided simple steps to fix AC3 Audio error easily in your MX Player. The simple fix for this error is to download the codec which will support AC3 audio, and we need to add it to the MX Player.
Use these following steps carefully in order to avoid errors in your Android device.
- First, you need to open the MX Player from the app list of your Android device.
- Now click on the option and redirect to the settings which you can obtain from the main menu of the application.
- From there you need to choose the “Decoder” Option.
- Now scroll down and locate the “Custom Codec” option.
- Tap on the “Custom Codec” option, where you will get to find the Codec which is required in the MX Player.
- Now open any internet browser in your Android device and click on the link provided below this article. This link will redirect you to the download page from there you can download any required custom codec, depending on the version of the MX Player you are currently using in your Android device.
- After you have downloaded the appropriate codec for your MX Player, then you need to launch the MX Player once again.
- Now wait for the application to scan your device and it will auto-detect the recently downloaded codec if it is compatible with the version of MX Player.
- After it is done, a popup notification will open up in your device, you just need to tap on Ok option to continue.
- Now the MX Player will ask for a restart, tap on Ok button in order to submit the request and it’s done.
- You can now easily play the video files with complete audio in your MX Player.
Download Link>> MX Player Codecs
Guide to Add Custom Codec Manually in MX Player
In a few of the cases, you might face error while detecting the downloaded custom codec. If this scenario happens, then you need to add the custom codec into the MX Player manual steps just by assigning the current path. Read the complete details carefully before applying the changes in your Android device in order to avoid an error.
- Launch the MX Player app from the app list of your Android device.
- Now open the settings of the MX Player.
- Locate the “Decoder” option from the settings and tap on it.
- Now you need to scroll down in order to find the “Custom Codec” option.
- Tap on it and you will get to see a popup selection box on your screen.
- Now you need to choose the correct path into the MX Player in order to install the custom Codec which you have downloaded recently. You just need to provide the location of the downloaded custom Codec to the application to successfully install the custom codec.
- After you have successfully entered the correct path, MX Player will now automatically install the custom codec.
- It will now extract the custom Codec from the pack, and it’s installed it will restart the MX Player app.
- Now you can play any media file without any error and enjoy the audio in good quality.
You can also use another alternative way in order to fix AC3 audio format not playing error in MX Player. You can use any desktop version of the audio Video Converter, help you to encode any unsupported AC3 format of audio into a supported version such as MP3. You will get to find various video converter applications available on the internet which we can download for encoding the file.
Also Read: Top 5 Volume Booster Apps for Android
Before you install any converter, you need to know about the input and output options offered by that particular application. After you have successfully encoded the audio file in the actual media file, you can easily play that particular file in MX Player without using any custom codec. Most still it is much recommended to add custom codec in order to avoid difficulty in converting each and every media file into a more appropriate audio version for MX Player.
Wrapping Things Up
Media players can be problematic if certain media file formats are not supported by the app. But there is also a workaround for fixing various errors and non-supported files in your device. We have collected complete information regarding fixing AC3 audio format not supported error in MX Player from different sources and community reviews and posted them in this article for you. Share this important article with others, so that they get to fix this error with easy steps in their Android devices.
Sohil has been with with Above Android since it’s inception in 2012. He is also an Adnroid Developer. He not only just writes for the App’s section of Above Android but is also developing a new App for Above Android. He has extensive knowledge in this field and puts down detailed information in a very simple and easy to understand way.