How to Disable Instagram’s Activity Status Feature
Recently Instagram has announced a new feature for its mobile app. With this new Activity Status Feature, users can see the online status of people in the direct messages section of the app. However, this feature works even if the person is not following your Insta account.
The new feature is very similar to Last Seen on WhatsApp and Active At on Facebook Messenger. It shows the last seen of users, it has options like ‘Active now’, ‘Active today’, ‘Active 1h ago’, ‘Active 24m ago’ etc. You can change the visibility of your Activity Status by visiting the app setting.
An Instagram spokesperson said in the statement, “We’re always working on ways to make it easier to have fun, real-time conversations with friends on Instagram. We recently rolled out the ability to see when people you follow or message in Direct were last active on Instagram, and they can see when you were last active. Activity status only appears in the Direct inbox and you can control the visibility of your activity status in Settings.”
As mention above, anyone can see your last seen even if the person is not following your Insta account. So here is the solution for you, where you can easily disable the Activity status feature from the Instagram app. Here are some steps you need to follow to disable this feature.
How to Disable Activity Status Feature
- Open your Instagram profile and tap the three dots which is present in the top right corner to access the settings.
- Scroll down below, you will see ‘Show Activity Status’ toggle.
- Now you just have to switch off that option which will stop sharing your activity status and also hide the last active status of others from you.
- Once you have disabled the ‘Activity Status’ feature, return back to the direct messages section.
- Now you will see the last messages of your chatting under the username of a person.
By disabling this feature, it will allow you to keep your profile safe from others. Also, help to restore your privacy from all those friends and relatives who continuously love to check your social life. So what is your opinion on the ‘Activity Status’ feature? Let us know comment your opinion in our comment section below.