Since the time Samsung reported the Galaxy S8 with its assistant, Bixby, people have been requesting approaches to disable Bixby and forget that a button specifically designed for the assistant ever existed. With the Galaxy S9, Note 9, the appeal turned out to be significantly stronger. What’s more, with the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 delivered in 2019, people are always looking was to kill Bixby. What’s more, presently with the Galaxy S20 and Note 20, we are with it all over again.
Why do you want to disable Bixby?
On Samsung models where there’s a devoted Bixby button, perhaps the greatest dissatisfaction is its arrangement; the catch is its location is directly under the volume keys and directly opposite of the power button. On bigger phones like the Galaxy S10+ or Note 10+, this frequently prompts inadvertent presses and unintended Bixby launches, particularly when double pressing to launch the camera.
On the Note 10, Note 10+, the Galaxy S20, and the Galaxy Note 20, the power button has been combined with the Bixby button, adding complications to the subject.
Which model are you using?
If you are using Galaxy S8 or S8+, Note 8, Galaxy S9 or S9+, Note 9, or Galaxy S10 series, these instructions are for you. Your guidelines are explicit because you have a power button and a different Bixby button, which makes it marginally harder to disable Bixby.
All Samsung phones running One UI depend on Android Pie, and they’ve been introduced to Bixby 2.0. While the updated version presents a lot of new functionalities, you cannot entirely disable Bixby, however, there are still workarounds.
That is on the grounds because they don’t allow the user to disable the Bixby button completely, Bixby 2.0 lets you change the initiation from a single tap to a double-tap. That way you won’t accidentally initiate Bixby each time you press the volume down. Here is how can do it.
First and foremost you need to log in to your Samsung account
If you haven’t done that already here are the steps you can follow to log in to your Samsung account –
1. Swipe right on your home screen or press the Bixby button.
2. Tap on the arrow to go to the next screen.
3. If you have a Samsung account, enter the credentials, or create a new account (its free!).
4. If asked to use biometrics, tap not now.
5. You will be processed to the next screen after you tap on the arrow.
6. Check the terms and conditions and tap the arrow.
7. If you have time then teach Bixby your voice and tap next or the arrow.
8. Tap the arrow for the last time.
You are now logged in to your Samsung account and now we can start the process to disable Bixby.
Steps to disable Bixby on Galaxy S8 or S8+, Note 8, Galaxy S9 or S9+, Note 9, or Galaxy S10 series –
Disable Bixby from the Home screen –
1. Hold down on the empty space on the home screen till a menu appears.
2. Swipe right till you reach the left home panel.
3. You will see an option to disable Bixby.
How to disable the Bixby Button?
You cannot actually disable the Bixby button in One UI but you can switch it from single press to double press. Here is how you can do it.
1. Open settings from your notification bar.
2. Locate advance features and tap on it.
3. Tap on Bixby Key.
4. Select the option Double press to open Bixby
That’s done. Phew! You can still use an app like bxAction to disable the button completely or you can easily map the button for different usage.
Disable Bixby on Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+, a Galaxy S20, or the Galaxy Note 20
If you have these models such as Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+, a Galaxy S20, or the Galaxy Note 20 your guidelines are somewhat unique, yet simple since the combined Power/Bixby button implies you can disable Bixby totally and never think back. You don’t need to sign in to a Samsung account to do it!
1. Swipe down the notification bar.
2. Tap on the power button from quick settings.
3. There is Side key settings in in the power menu, tap on that.
4. Change the double initiation to open app or quick launch camera (anything suitable to you).
5. Change press and hold option to power off menu.
We have provided the easiest ways to disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy phones. If you are facing problems or stuck between the process, do let us know in the comment section and we will help you through it.