Truecaller is the best dialler app available in the market. It can also give you the identification of unknown numbers which are calling on your mobile devices. In order to avoid the wrong identification name of yours, you need to give the correct information to avoid confusion. In case the name is wrongly typed in your Truecaller application, then it needed to be corrected. In this article, we will discuss how to change the name in Truecaller using simple steps.
Guide to Change Name in Truecaller Application:
you can use two different methods for changing the name in Truecaller application. Follow the steps which are preferable to you for changing the name in the Truecaller database.
Must Read: How To Delete Paytm Account Permanently
First Method To Change Name in TrueCaller
- If you are not having true caller application in your smartphone device then you need to download it from the below provided link in this article.
- After you have installed the Truecaller application on your smartphone device you need to create an account in it.
- Use the phone number in which you want to change the name to create set an account.
- The Truecaller will send verification SMS on that particular phone number in order to confirm identification.
- After the verification process is completed, the application will open the lock on your smartphone screen.
- Now you need to open the menu of the Truecaller application by tapping on the hamburger menu. It looks like 3 horizontal lines which you can find in the top left corner of the application screen.
- From the menu of the Truecaller application, you need to select the edit profile which you can find on the top right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, unit to tap on the edit icon which looks like pencil icon. It is located just beside the name.
- From that option, we need to change the first and last name which you wanted to appear in the Truecaller.
- After you are done with the editing process tap on the save option to apply the changes in the Truecaller database.
- Now the edited name will show up in the Truecaller database once someone gets your call who is unknown to your phone number.
Second Method To Change Name in TrueCaller
In case you are not interested in downloading the Truecaller application on your smartphone device, then you can always use the Truecaller website for editing the name in the database.
- Open any web browser in your device and go to the Truecaller website using it.
- After the website opens up, you need to login into your account using Google or any other method which is supported by the website.
- After the login process is completed, search for your mobile number which you want to change the name in the Truecaller database.
- From the search result, you will get suggest name option on the screen.
- Click on the suggest name which will ask you to suggest a better name for that particular mobile number.
- Now suggest the appropriate name which you want to show up with your mobile number.
- After it’s done select the person option and click on the suggest name button to confirm it.
Truecaller application is used in most of the smartphone devices due to the caller ID feature available in the application. Although your name may show up wrong due to the false input in the Truecaller application. we have collected the complete information about changing the name in Truecaller application from the official support as from various user reviews and posted them in this article for you. Share this innovative article with others, so that they get to know how to change the name in Truecaller application.