The Internet has become a part of our life, and there are various devices which give us access to an internet connection. There are multiple wireless modems available in the market which gives us a Wi-Fi connection. Among them, JioFi device by Reliance Jio is one of the best wireless Wi-Fi routers available in the market. In this article, we will discuss how to change JioFi password using simple steps.
Steps to Change JioFi Password:
Use these following guidelines for changing JioFi password easily. Security is much needed in order to protect your data and network. If the security is not available in your Wi-Fi network when it is vulnerable from various online threats. It is much recommended to change the username and password according to the preference of the owner in order to protect the network from getting hacked are misused.
- First thing you need to do is to turn on the JioFi device. To turn on the device you need to hold down the power button.
- After the device is turned on, you need to connect the Wi-Fi network into another device. You can either use your smartphone or your PC in order to get connected with the Wi-Fi network. By default, there will be no security added to the Wi-Fi network of your JioFi device.
- Now you need to access the configuration interface using the web browser on any device which is connected to the Wi-Fi network. You can access it by using this URL http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1 on your internet browsers to access the settings page of the JioFi device.
- These following URL will redirect you to the settings page of the JioFi device, where you can change the password of the Wi-Fi network.
- After the URL loads up, it will ask you to enter the username and password in order to access the settings page.
- Basically, username and password in order to login to the settings page is usually default and same in every similar device. The default username and password for JioFi device is ‘administrator’. In case you don’t know about the default username and password, then you can also find the username and password just beneath the battery of the JioFi device.
- Now login into the settings page and click on the network option which will be first on the list of the tab.
- Under the network tab, you need to locate and on the Wi-Fi configuration option in order to get the Wi-Fi security settings.
- Now go to password option on that page and change the default password of settings to your preference.
- After you have made the complete changes you need to click on the save button or apply button depending on the model you are using. This will apply the changes into your Wi-Fi network using via JioFi device.
- Now every device is connected to your JioFi Wi-Fi network will get disconnected automatically. You need to use the new password in order to get connected to the Wi-Fi network. By similar steps, you can also change the network name on your JioFi device.
Wrapping Things Up:
Most of us use Wi-Fi routers to access the Wi-Fi connection in our devices. In case you are using JioFi wireless router, then you must be wondering how to change the password according to your security preferences. We have collected complete information about changing JioFi password from the official support website of Reliance Jio and hosted them in this article for you. Share this useful article with other JioFi users, so that takes it to change the password according to their preference.
Abhishek is the founder of Above Android. He has worked hard to bring Above Android where it stands today. He manages his team extremely well and also manages the News section of our site. Having learnt the art of Android Development, he is always keen to know the latest updates in this space and put it down in our news section.