Just a day before yesterday, Facebook acquire WhatsApp for a whopping $19 billion
As this things are related to user privacy, this settings are made available under privacy section of Account Setting. It is very important for user to decide that to whom he/she want to show the personal details such as last seen, profile photo and the Status. Thus by this update, a user can select whether everyone or the user’s contacts or nobody can see the above mentioned details, because privacy matters a lot.
Steps To Hide Last Seen :
- Open WhatsApp Messenger (Make sure you have version 2.11.169 or download from here)
- Go to Settings —> Account —> Privacy
- Select Last Seen / Profile Photo /Status
- Choose From Everyone / My Contact /Nobody
- Congrats, After selecting Nobody, you last seen is hidden.
This update from WhatsApp will also bring the users back from WhatsApp Plus to Original WhatsApp, as now everyone can hide last seen easily from the privacy setting section. But the new feature will just remove the last seen text and the time for everybody if you have selected nobody and will show just a black space over there as shown in the below image.