Travelling in an auto rickshaw feels like royalty? Fighting everyday for that one elusive taxi? Everyone in that queue going to the exact same place and still taking independent rides!
How about collaborating with fellow travelers going to the same destination from in and around a place? Help save the environment and your money in the process. Meter Share can help you.
Introducing MeterShare, an application by Positive3 developers, which is developed to make the travelling experience easier. The application lets you create a ride, and share it with fellow travelers. It asks you to enlist details like the time when you’d like a ride, the number of free seats available and the end to end locations of your travel. The details (Name, Age, Gender) of your fellow travelers are listed once they join your ride. The main objective of the app is to make travel quick and affordable. By sharing rides, one not only cuts down the individual expense for the ride, but also helps save environmental resources. The app especially proves to be useful for college going students.
- The App lets you choose the vehicle of your choice amongst auto rickshaws, cabs, etc.
- The app supports Google Maps to enhance the location feature and helps you to skim through landmarks.
- Chat window is available to communicate with people who join the ride and can accordingly co-ordinate.
- Waiting time feature enables you to mention the maximum waiting time you are ready to wait for fellow travelers.
- ‘Only-Females’ ride is a special attraction keeping women safety in mind.
- This app is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 35 users
- The app was last updated on April 9, 2013
- It requires android version 2.2 and up
- There are more than 1000 installations
- It is categorized under Travel & Local.
- It is free of cost.
- The content rating is low maturity.
- The size of app varies for devices
Abhishek is the founder of Above Android. He has worked hard to bring Above Android where it stands today. He manages his team extremely well and also manages the News section of our site. Having learnt the art of Android Development, he is always keen to know the latest updates in this space and put it down in our news section.