As Smartphones are evolving the use of camera is being reduced unless you got a SLR or a DSLR as the Smartphone serves you with such high quality resolutions and around 12 MP. Smartphones like Samsung Galaxy Note 3, HTC One, LG G2 and many more have camera’s with multiple features like burst mode, panorama, HDR, Etc. But what about Smartphone released earlier they don’t have such advanced features. So Today I’m here to review an awesome application by Team BBQ named Focal Camera App.
This application is replica of the CyanogenMod one of the attractive camera. Your Smartphone should have Jellybean (4.2) in order to run this application. Focal is a fully featured camera app looking to provide the most features on the most phones possible, including device-specific features on some devices.
Features of Focal supporting in both video and Photo made:
- PicSphere mode – Taking pictures in 360 degrees
- Panorama mode – Combining different picture to make one picture as whole
- Burst Mode – Taking multiple pictures at single hold of click
- Timer mode – Auto set time to take picture
- Scene mode – For outdoor pictures
- Shutter speed – Shutter effect like IPhone’s
- Few gestures – sliding from the top of the screen (in portrait). It shows your latest pictures.
These are some of the awesome features of this camera application. Keep in mind that there are likely some bugs in Focal camera, as currently it is a beta version, but according to reports, it is stable on newer phones. Focal is open source and you can grab the source code at Github. You can download Focal Camera (beta) free from Play Store for Android phone running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and later.
This application is rated 3.9 by installs over 100,000 smartphones requiring android version 4.2 and above. Lastly updated on September 28, 2013.
[heading size=”2″]Download Focal [Beta][/heading]