How To Manually Install Android 4.4.3 KitKat On Your Nexus 5
The wait is over now. For those having LG Nexus 5 smart phone and were waiting for installing Android OS, it’s the time for you to work now. If you are looking to manually install Android 4.4.3 on your Nexus 5 smart phone, then here are the ways to do it. Do take care to follow the requirements and instructions as per the following steps.
Requirements to Install Android 4.4.3 on Nexus 5
- Android 4.4.3 KitKat is now available for LG Nexus 5.
- Keep the boot loader unlocked first.
- Take a backup of all data stored in the device. Do not miss out any important data. Installation will reformat all data and settings.
- Charge the device to at least 70 per cent battery. So that the device does not switch off due to low battery during the flashing process.
- Download necessary USB drivers required for LG Nexus 5 on your computer and enable USB debugging mode on the device. This can be done by going to Settings >> Developer Options
- Setup the ADB and the Fastboot with Android system SDK on your machine
- Now download the factory image of official Android OS 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84M on your computer. Before downloading please ensure it is for the correct model. The exact model number is available in Settings>>about phone.
- It appears as “hammerhead-ktu84m-factory-53ff95bf.tgz”.
- Connect the device LG Nexus 5 to the computer using the appropriate USB cable.
- Ensure that the Fastboot is been configured properly before the flashing process starts.
- Switch off the device LG Nexus 5 smartphone to install Android 4.4.3 Kitkat.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys and the Power button simultaneously. Now, the boot start appears on screen. This is the procedure to get into the boot loader in any Android system.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware file that is required to some location in the Computer say desktop.
- Open the folder “hammerhead-ktu84m-factory-53ff95bf.tgz” and copy paste the contents to the directory Fastboot.
- Now the Fastboot directory should be in “platform-tools” folder inside the Android SDK system directory.
- Now, run the files indicated as factory image inside the Fastboot directory which is relevant to the OS in your computer.
- Run file “flash-all.bat” in the computer if it is Windows OS.
If the OS is MAC OS, then run the “flash-all.sh” file.
If the OS is Linux OS: Run the “flash-all.sh” file.
- Wait for the process to install Android 4.4.3 Kitkat get completed. If you are yet to unlock the boot loader, follow the instructions on the smartphone screen.
- After the installation gets complete, the Nexus 5 smart phone shall reboot automatically. Wait for it to get re-booted. The first boot takes more time. It might take about 5 minutes. Please do not interrupt with the process. Then, it shall start with the home screen.
Now you have successfully install Android 4.4.3 Kitkat on the LG Nexus 5 now it runs on the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat . The Nexus have started giving the Kitkat 4.4.4 update OTA and soon it will be reaching you. This update is just of 2.5 MB in size and by the time update hit you, keep sliding easily and enjoy without lag with Android 4.4.3 Kitkat. Enjoy